Author Topic: SS 20 control out connector  (Read 674 times)

pcsontos

• View Profile
SS 20 control out connector
« on: March 12, 2016, 08:00:01 am »
Hello,

I own the ss20 with a CP100 since two month and i would like to ask some questions about the control out port of the SS20:
- is this control out port a 3.5mm stereo (tip/ring/sleeve) type connector?
- Is this connector sending out signal or just connecting the tip or the ring or both to the sleeve?
- is this switching isolated from the pedal circuit? what are the electrical maximums for voltage and current?

I ask these as i would like to use it for switching my old GT10 or my amp using this pedal. and the SS20 manual is not referring to this connector ( I found some mentioning in the manual of the FS2M)

Alexander AMTsupport

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: SS 20 control out connector
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 04:49:22 am »
Hello,

I own the ss20 with a CP100 since two month and i would like to ask some questions about the control out port of the SS20:
- is this control out port a 3.5mm stereo (tip/ring/sleeve) type connector?
- Is this connector sending out signal or just connecting the tip or the ring or both to the sleeve?
- is this switching isolated from the pedal circuit? what are the electrical maximums for voltage and current?

I ask these as i would like to use it for switching my old GT10 or my amp using this pedal. and the SS20 manual is not referring to this connector ( I found some mentioning in the manual of the FS2M)

This output is intended for use with out FS2midi (see manuals for SS30). You choose some channel and this output gives the info about it to FS2midi and it sends Midi command to some external Midi device. It is an opto isolated output (TLV826) 

Alexander AMTsupport

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: SS 20 control out connector
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 04:53:39 am »
Sorry for misprint "with our FS2midi"