Author Topic: What guitar speakers you use with SS-20 for gig or rehearse?  (Read 834 times)

imenator

• View Profile
What guitar speakers you use with SS-20 for gig or rehearse?
« on: November 24, 2015, 04:37:26 am »
Ok, my first post in the forum and first in the preamp section :)

I have the SS-20 for a year so far and been playing only thru mixer + PA with my friends band or for home recording, still trying to buy a cab this christmas :) The clean channel is really clean, my strat single coils do sound twangy and imho I think it can do kind of the Eric Johnson clean sound . The crunch has a nice range from mild to strong overdrive that sounds great for electric blues or classic rock, lead is metal. So I know there is no single speaker that can do the best for every genre and I wonder which guitar speakers are you using out there and what kind guitar speaker you use with the SS-20 for your prefered music genre. Sound samples or youtube videos would be great.

imenator

• View Profile
Re: What guitar speakers you use with SS-20 for gig or rehearse?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 02:05:32 am »
Well, this seems to be a ghost forum. Anyway,  I decided to post an update here, I finally got a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe iii 1x12 cab, I plugged it to my ISP Stealth power amp yesterday and finally a have my rig complete. So I guess I have to use it for a while and wait for the speaker to break in (and put new strings in my guitar) but for now clean and overdrive are good, the Stealth can drive it loud enough with just one single channel so I have plenty of power for this now or in the future maybe a second cab for stereo or a 4x12 if I ever get the chance to use one. I will try to use this in rehearsal with my friends soon and see how it goes.