Author Topic: My way of using the Pangea  (Read 325 times)

Sascha Franck

• View Profile
My way of using the Pangea
« on: March 20, 2017, 12:23:36 pm »
Hi folks,

Thought I could share this with you.

Instead of using the Pangea as a plain IR loader, I bought it to replace whatever "full" amps. Of course I am aware that there's no dynamics captured in an IR, so any kind of amp overdrive and/or compression would not be available. But then, over the last few years, all my sounds were coming from my pedalboard only, so all I really need is a clean, pedalfriendly amp. Which is what I have been using for around the last 5 years or so (amps used: clean channel of either a Boogie MKIV, a Fender "The Twin" or a Laney LC50).
To get similarily good results from IRs only, I have been creating individual IRs from some pre- and poweramps and then run them through whatever cab IRs. I tried all that out inside Logic, which would allow me to run IRs serially, parallely, EQ them, stack them up and so on. Once I was happy with a certain setup I mixed everything down to single IRs which I am now loading into the Pangea.
And guess what? This is working amazingly well! I have already played 2 gigs with just my pedalboard and the Pangea, one via InEar, the other using a rather nice RCF FR monitor. Kickass sound and I didn't miss my amps for a single minute.
I may add some compressor in the future, but for now this seems to be the way to go for me.

I could happily post a soundfile or one or the other IRs I'm using.

Cheers
Sascha